Yesterday was "Zhong qiu jie" (Mid-Autumn Festival) and we had a small celebration at home with Mum-in-law cooking up a small feast for everyone. The food was finger licking good and was chowed down in no time. The menu included fish maw soup, braised mushrooms, steamed promfet and pak cham gai (steamed chicken). As for dessert, we had pomelo, which is, according to my in-laws, traditionally eaten during this festival. Unfortunately, I have no pictures to show. (Sorry, as a new blogger, I'm still not used to snapping pictures of everything and everywhere I go)
We also lighted up some lanterns to set the mood of the celebration. I tried to introduce Dennis to lanterns but he was more interested in the candles and fire. Dennis watched Alex (my nephew) and I light up some candles for the lanterns and before we knew it, he picked up one and lighted it on his own. I was horrified and quickly sent him back to the house to watch his new Richard Scarry video. Leave him there any longer and he'll become a pyro just like his cousin Alex!
So that was the end of Dennis' little exposure to lanterns. Maybe next year, he might be able to enjoy the fun of playing with lanterns and not just the candles. I have my doubts.....
We also lighted up some lanterns to set the mood of the celebration. I tried to introduce Dennis to lanterns but he was more interested in the candles and fire. Dennis watched Alex (my nephew) and I light up some candles for the lanterns and before we knew it, he picked up one and lighted it on his own. I was horrified and quickly sent him back to the house to watch his new Richard Scarry video. Leave him there any longer and he'll become a pyro just like his cousin Alex!
So that was the end of Dennis' little exposure to lanterns. Maybe next year, he might be able to enjoy the fun of playing with lanterns and not just the candles. I have my doubts.....
No comments:
Post a Comment