I’ve lamented several times in the past about Dennis not being able to talk and not calling me mommy. I’ve also blogged about how happy I was when he uttered "mommy" for the very first time. It was the moment I had been waiting for! And 2.5 years is a long time.
But now I don't find the whole mommy thing so thrilling anymore, not when he calls me like 200 times (or more) a day! For every little thing, he’ll go “mommy, mommy, mommy”! Mommy this, mommy that. It’s a bit overwhelming now. But I’m taking it in stride and trying hard not to show my annoyance to him for I know I should feel blessed that my son is finally calling me. And he's probably making up for lost time! =)
Dennis has made much progress in his speech actually and he’s now started parroting a lot of things that I say, even though he doesn’t pronounce his words clearly. Instead of saying “cry”, he says “try”, “air” instead of “hair”. But the thing that surprises me is that he knows his numbers! He knows after 1 is 2 after 4 is 5 and he can say 8,9, 10. That I’m quite impressed – or maybe my standard’s just very low.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment