Monday, January 14, 2008

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E


Dennis has a new found love and it's none other than the age-old, well-loved, adorable mouse called Mickey. Yes, believe me, that mouse has dethroned me. In the presence of Mickey Mouse, mummy is nobody. He doesn't even bother to turn his head or beg mummy to stay when I bid farewell to leave for work.

What is the big deal with this mouse, anyways? He's got a weird voice, big ears, oversized head and he never changes its clothes. But my son absolutely adores him. He's charmed by Mickey's funny walk and dance, the meer mention of meeska-mooska-mickey-mouse will end all tantrums and dry up tears. I guess there is indeed something magical about this mouse.

The moment Dennis wakes up, he will look for his dad's mickey mouse "back scratcher" which is hung on the wall as an ornament. Then he will walk around with it and whirl it around like his magic wand.

It's amazing how kids can get so mesmerised with these characters and worship them higher than their parents, to the point of despicability. In any case, Keat and I are pretty glad that it's Mickey Mouse that he likes and not that ugly purple monster or worst still, those confused, "middle-sex" Teletubbies (can't stand them!! What are they anyways!)

I think it's just a matter of time before Disneyland beckons. Disney has very cunningly slipped in the advertisement for HK Disneyland in the Mickey Mouse DVDs, promising a wonderful time and a chance to meet with the favourite mouse. So in time Dennis is going to understand that ad and ask mummy and daddy to bring him to that enchanted place. Hopefully, An Luan ee ee will still be Hong Kong then, so we can save a bunch on accomodation. Apart from education fund, I think we should also start one for Disneyland too.




3 comments:

3Fireflies said...

I shared your sentiments about the Teletubbies, but after one year of being stuck with them (they come on TV around Sophie's lunch time), I am ashamed to say that I have gone over to the dark side :P She loves Po, the smallest of the lot.

Bliss said...

I sure hope Po is not the one that carries the silly handbag. I think he/she is the worst of the lot.

Dennis also likes Noddy, which I also gladly approve of. I love Noddy too, becuase the characters are so cute and I used to read the books.

melliebaby said...

Nat's exactly the same when she watches Dumbo. She ignores me completely and she even laughs out loud, which I found really amusing! What exactly she finds funny I have no idea.

Have to admit Dumbo's not exactly your typical educational show but we were at the DVD store and daddy picked it out for her.