The gynae has confirmed it - it's going to be a boy again. I found out last week during my 14th week checkup. There is no mistaken - that little dot is his little pecker not the umbilical cord. I won't deny that I was hoping to get a girl this time, not becuase I don't like having boys but it would have been nice to have a pair. Then it wouldn' t matter so much whether or not to have a third one. But at that moment when I was lying in my gynae's office, staring at the 2 testicles on the screen - which erased all hope that the little dot could be an umbilical cord - I knew a third one is already in the card....just maybe not so soon.
For those who have not been informed, or whom I've forgotten to inform, yes,I'm expecting again. I'm in my 15th week now which means I've past the horrible first trimester. Actually, I was quite blessed because my symptoms weren't so bad. I didn't throw up, and only experienced a bit of nausea and some indigestion. I couldn't eat as much and as a result only put on 500g in the first 3 months.
Baby is due 1 June. But if this baby is like his big rother, who was too eager to see the world (delivered 3 weeks early) than he will be a May baby.
Am I excited about being preggie again? Well, it's definitely not as fun as the first time because this time around I get less attention, hubby is less sympathetic and it's more tiring becuase I have Dennis to look after. I get less rest because Dennis demands for my attention.
At the same time I'm also wary about all the changes that are going to take place. I'm not sure how well Dennis is going to adjust to the new baby. I hope he doesn't get too jealous and starts bullying his little brother. I've been trying to explain to him the concept of mummy-is-having-a-baby-in-her-tummy, but I don't think he quite comprehends it. I'm worried about how I'm going to be able handle breastfeeding with Dennis still being so needy and the list goes on.....
Whatever it is I think it will all be worth it. I'm excited about the fact that my family is going to grow and that Dennis will have a little brother to play with soon!
2 comments:
Congrats!!
IF I'm going to have another one, I'd want a boy. Like you said, it would be nice to have a pair. But I have a feeling that YL is going to "cheat" me again and donate a Y instead of an X again...
Having 2 girls, in my opinion, is not as bad as having 2 boys who are physically so active. As it is, it is so hard to watch over Dennis. We often have to "cage" him in his playpen.
Post a Comment