Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Still going and going and going and......

About a month back I said I was thinking twice about stopping breastfeeding, and guess what! I didn't stop and I'm feeling more motivated than ever to continue breastfeeding. It's weird isn't it? But I must confess I have already started supplementing Chris with formula - I'm just not pumping enough to keep up with his ferocious appetite. But he's only taking about 6oz of formula/day, the rest of it is still my supermilk.

Thanks all for the encouraging words that helped me get through the treshold and psychological barrier. But sadly, I think I'm going to stop at 6 months. This time probably for real because the yearend is coming and I wanna for a holiday!! But I'll try to store up as much as I can so that the supply can last him slightly beyond 6 months.



PS: Last week, when I was having a gastric attack, I discovered by accident that a wind medicine, domperidone, actually helps to increase milk supply. The doc said it's prescribed to help nursing mothers increase their supply. So guess what I've been taking the past few days??! I just need this "steriod" to temporarily boost up my supply. Besides, it helps with the wind and indigestion.

No comments: