I’ve said many times that I would stop breastfeeding Chris exclusively once he turns 4 months old. Breastfeeding has been such a bane, it’s constricted my life (can’t be out more than 5 hours, cos I have to return home to pump) and stolen a lot of my precious sleep, and I so want to give it up.
Chris is 4 months old today and supposed to get his first bottle of formula but he hasn’t. Why? Because as much as I bitch about breastfeeding, believe it or not, I find it hard to give it up. It’s SOOO odd. For all the difficulty it’s caused me, I thought I would be jumping in joy now that I’ve met my deadline. But I’m not…. In fact I found myself finding excuses to postpone the ACT.
Maybe it’s because by giving Chris breastmilk, I know that I’m giving him the best that he can get at this tender age. No formula can replicate the goodness of breast milk. Perhaps, China’s tainted milk scandal has something to do with it…. Or I am just not ready to lose this special bond that I share with him (even though I don’t feed him directly).
Whatever it is, I’ve given myself 1 more week. Told myself that I’ll do it during the Raya week when I’m on holidays. We’ll see whether I’ll have the heart to quit then. Somehow, I suspect it's going to be postponed again.
Chris is 4 months old today and supposed to get his first bottle of formula but he hasn’t. Why? Because as much as I bitch about breastfeeding, believe it or not, I find it hard to give it up. It’s SOOO odd. For all the difficulty it’s caused me, I thought I would be jumping in joy now that I’ve met my deadline. But I’m not…. In fact I found myself finding excuses to postpone the ACT.
Maybe it’s because by giving Chris breastmilk, I know that I’m giving him the best that he can get at this tender age. No formula can replicate the goodness of breast milk. Perhaps, China’s tainted milk scandal has something to do with it…. Or I am just not ready to lose this special bond that I share with him (even though I don’t feed him directly).
Whatever it is, I’ve given myself 1 more week. Told myself that I’ll do it during the Raya week when I’m on holidays. We’ll see whether I’ll have the heart to quit then. Somehow, I suspect it's going to be postponed again.
1 comment:
I know exactly what you mean about finding excuses to postpone weaning.
Lucky Chris!
Post a Comment