Wednesday, May 7, 2008

36th week

Went for my 36th week checkup on Monday. The 36th week scan is the final scan and luckily, I managed to catch a glimpse of Junior 2's face again. He's grown quite chubby on the cheek! Doc said baby already weighs about 2.6kg so he's ready to be born anytime now.

Lately I've been experiencing more Braxton Hicks (for the uninitiated, Braxton Hicks is fake contraction) which means my uterus is practising hard for the real thing. I experienced it yesterday evening, in the middle of the night and this morning. It got me a bit panicky because sometimes it's hard to tell the fake one from the real one. It can also be easily mistaken for a bad tummy ache.

The pain at the groin area has also become increasingly unbearable. It hurts even when I walk. Somehow, I don't remember going through this when I was carrying Dennis, maybe because he's smaller.

With all that discomfort, I really can't wait for the baby to be out soon!

No comments: